This private host 192.168.1.1 address can be used to gain access to the router’s admin panel. The router’s companies designed it as the default gateway address to have access to the router’s admin panel to make any modifications to the settings of the router. It can be used on a single device only and not more than one devices.
How to Login 192.168.1.1
- Type in http://192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.1 into your URL bar on your web browser.
- A login page will appear, enter your login details in the designated fields for the password and username. The word ‘admin’ in lowercase is the default password and username.
- You will now have access to the router’s admin panel.
If you cannot gain access to the router’s admin panel utilizing 192.168.1.1, it’s possible that the router may be using a different host address from 192.168.1.1 like 10.0.0.1 / 192.168.0.1.
Forgotten your login details?
If you have forgotten the login details or the login details are not working;
- Check the back of the router or the manual for the default login details.
- Another way to do this is to reset the router to factory settings. There is a concealed reset button at the back of the router, press and hold it for about ten to fifteen minutes using a needle or paper clip.
- The router will reboot itself and it will be returned to factory settings.