Most usually the assigned ISP 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.100.1 as the IP address of router but it can differ from routers & net connection. Configuring your router & perform essential modifications to its settings, you require finding out the IP Address of router by which you may get into the configuration panel of router. All modifications to the router may be done from the configuration panel immediately from altering your Wi-Fi network name & setting a safe passkey using a special channel to enhance the internet speed.
Many individuals forget their router IP address whereas others are uninformed about it. Don’t worry, you may simply uncover the IP address of router and then perform necessary alterations to your router settings. On different platforms here is how you may search for your Router’s IP Address:
On Windows, IP Address of your Router is even known as the default address gateway. Discovering the router IP address over Windows is very easy & here is how you should do so:
- Go to Command Prompt or write cmd into the Search / Run Box & hit Enter.
- Once the Command Prompt opens, write in the below command “ipconfig” then hit Enter.
- Windows will now show you different information regarding your connection. Look for “Default Gateway”. You can find your Router’s IP Address next to Default Gateway.
Then again, you may even trial this method to know the IP Address of Router on Windows.
- Go to Control Panel then write control panel into the Search / Run Box then hit Enter.
- Below the Internet & Network category, hit on the network status View & tasks link.
- Next on the page, hit on the name of the net connection (whether it’s ethernet or wireless)
- A popup window emerges, hit on the Details key.
- Now you’re connected by IPv4 Default Gateway. You will see the IP address of router listed near to IPv4 Default Gateway.
For Mac users, finding the router’s IP address is also an easy task. You can find the IP address of your router with just a few clicks. Here is how you can find your router’s IP Address on Mac:
- From the topmost menu box, hit on the Apple menu then go to System Preferences.
- System Preferences window emerges. Hit on the Network image.
- You will have to choose your existing net connection through the Network window, whether it is a wired connection or wireless connection. Next choosing the network, hit on the advanced key at the base of the page.
- Next, hit on the IP/TCP tab & you will notice the IP address of router listed as Router.
- You may even obtain the IP address of router on Mac with the Terminal app & here is how you should do so:
- Go to the Terminal by visiting to Apps > Utilities > Terminal.
- Then, write in the below command: “netstat -nr|grep default” then hit Enter.
- You will see the IP address of router listed near to default.
Finding the router IP address of router on iPad/iPhone is easy & this is how you may find the IP address of router on iPad/iPhone (iOS):
- Visit Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Hit on the name of the Wi-Fi networks.
- You will see the router’s IP address recorded as Router.
This is how you will see the IP address of router on Android gadgets. Be careful that this technique works on advanced versions of Android only. On previous versions, you require using a third-party app to know the IP address of router.
- Visit Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
- Hit & hold on the Wi-Fi network name to which you’re attached.
- Hit on the Advanced alternative then choose Static.
- Know the IP address of router below the Gateway label.
- On Linux, visit Apps > System Tools > Terminal.
- Into the terminal window, write in the below command “ipconfig” then hit Enter.
- You may find the IP address of router listed beside the inlet address.